June 23, 2020
Dear Resident and Family Member,
I am pleased to inform you that Fairmont Care has formulated a plan which will allow for outdoor visitation that meets the requirements of the Illinois Department of Public Health. This Plan is attached for your reference.
We are excited to open for outdoor visitation, weather permitting, on Monday, June 29, 2020 at 9:30am. Some key points from our Plan:
- In order to allow everyone to participate in this program we are limiting each resident’s visits to 20 minutes, 2 times per week.
- Visitations must be limited to no more than two visitors per resident. No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted.
- Visiting hours will be from 9:30am to 3:00pm with a break for resident lunches.
- Visits will take place in the front parking lot.
- Visitors may not enter the building for any reason, including using the restroom.
- Visits will need to be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance by calling the facility. (see Plan for details)
- Residents and visitors must wear a face mask for the duration of the visit.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained throughout the duration of the visit.
- Visitors will be pre-screened by telephone and again upon arrival. Residents will also be screened prior to the scheduled visit. Anyone with a temperature ≥ 99.6⁰ F will not be allowed to visit.
Anyone with any of the following symptoms will also be precluded from visiting:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please note that this letter is just a summary and we ask that you read the attached document in its entirety so that you are well-informed of the requirements of this Plan. Our number one priority is keeping everyone safe and healthy and in order to do so, it is imperative that this Plan be followed as written without exception.
Thank you for your understanding and patience and know that we are as excited as you are to have family members back to our facility!