Dear Responsible Party:
As discussed in our previous letter, we are writing with an update to the COVID-19 precautions we are taking.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has sent us a visitor screening questionnaire which you will find on the back of this letter. We ask that you look at it and restrict your visiting if the answer to any of the questions is YES. We also ask that you share the questionnaire with other family members and friends who may be visiting your loved one in our facility and urge them to do the same.
We have begun monitoring residents and patients each shift for fevers or respiratory symptoms. Any residents with fevers or acute respiratory symptoms will be restricted to their room until further evaluation from their physician.
We would like to again stress that hand-washing is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of any type of virus. Please wash your hands frequently while visiting or utilize the hand sanitizers which are available throughout the facility.
We will continue to review IDPH and CDC guidelines and recommendations and inform you as necessary.
The health, safety and well-being of our residents, patients and employees are our highest priorities at Fairmont Care. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or our Director of Nursing, Marie Descorbeth.
VISITOR SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
- In the past 14 days, have you traveled to a country/state where COVID19 is spreading?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact with people who have traveled to countries/states where COVID19 is spreading?
- Do you have symptoms of a cold?
- Have you been around people who are sick with colds or flu?
- Do you have a fever, or have had a fever within the past week?
- Have you been nauseated or have you vomited or had diarrhea within the past week?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please postpone your visit for at least 14 days after the start of your symptoms. Contact your healthcare provider if your symptoms get worse. Thank you for understanding.