Dear Family Member,
We are excited to announce that Fairmont Care will begin restoring group activities at our facility beginning on Monday, July 27, 2020. We have worked with an Activity Consultant to develop a program that will be engaging, yet ensure that our residents stay safe. Some highlights of the plan include:
- Educational materials will be provided for all the residents to assist with relieving anxiety and to provide them with empowerment through information. For those residents we serve who have a dementia related diagnosis, we will communicate this information in a manner that meets their personal comprehension. Topics reviewed include:
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to be aware of and to tell your Nurse
- How to remain safe and keep others safe while outside your room
- All residents will be able to participate, except under the following circumstances:
- Residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently on transmission based precautions, may not participate in this programming.
- Residents who are considered a person under investigation (PUI) because they are exhibiting symptoms or have a potential exposure, may not participate in this programming.
- Residents who are under 14-day quarantine may not participate in this programming.
- All residents will be required to use a cloth face covering or facemask. If an individual does not want to wear a face mask the individual will be asked not to attend that activity and arrangements will be made to provide the person with a personalized experience that mirrors the group engagement being provided, if possible.
- There will be no sharing of supplies or materials. For example, BINGO cards will be photocopied for one-time use only and will be discarded after each game.
- During this time, there will be no activities that require heavy exertion so as not to induce coughing. For example, while stretching activities may be acceptable as part of an exercise program, something more aerobic would not be acceptable.
- Social Distancing of six feet will be maintained throughout the activity.
- Residents will be transported to and from the Activity by facility staff to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- All surfaces being utilized during the Activity, i.e. tables, countertops, bedside tables, will be sanitized with EPA registered products known to kill SARS COV-2 corona virus before and after the activity.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.